Friday, October 5

NW3 6LE

London --- always rain .. but the last 2 days have been nice and sunny. So much so that I have gone running around the area (today in my shorts!). Unfortunately the route no matter where I turn is kinda ... boring. Apartments, houses and apartments ... all look the same ... hehehh

4 days have passed, it kinda feels like 2 weeks already. Not sure why, maybe it still feels like a holiday? 

Anyway, the room/ apartment is much better than I thought - I just bought a new lightblub today (was in a gloomy room past few nights) - everything is really convenient. McDonalds & KFC is just 6 min away (that what the signboard says). There's Domino's Pizza .. havent tried that yet. I live above a supermarket so getting groceries is really easy. However this one called Waitross is more expensive (like Cold Storage) , the cheaper one Sainsbury is another 3 mins away. I heard  there's even cheaper brands like Iceland ... oh mine. Some of the items here are even cheaper than back home! So living here so far has been affordable.

The only killer is the rent ... which eats up about S$350 / week so in hotel terms it's $50 a night, which is not too bad considering the location is good and the bed is double sized! There's this really weird tax called council tax which residents hv to pay though, almost GBP40 a month ... supposedly it's for maintaining the peace and order and security and cleanliness of the location. My district is under Camden (which I think is pretty cool la .. Camden's the famous fashion market).

Meanwhile, I hv been going for some interviews at the agencies. I was pretty happy with today's session. The recruitment guy was really helpful n friendly, and told me I had a good chance. The pay's ok, def can survive here, but guess I have to consider other long term prospects. Am also meeting Michael Page on Monday, so hopefully something good comes up from that too. At the same time, it's just clicking and clicking, sending out CVs all over the place. There seems to be thousands of recruitment agencies here! 

I walked around the Great Portland St area aimlessly today after my interview ... so enjoy the photos! The weather's just right now ... not too cold, but I am not perspiring either. NICE!











1 comment:

candii said...

Nice pics! I'm sure u'll get a cool job that pays well. Just need some patience. Meanwhile, enjoy your break. U deserve it! =)