Wednesday, May 28

My aggressive nature ...

And I don't mean being nasty to people on the streets but I did spend a lot of time in aggressive skating from 1994 - 1996. However, I wasn't intensely good at it cause I was afraid of bursting my b*lls on the rail. No, seriously.

But I did manage to pull off a few 360 jumps on huge stairs and couple of grinds on half pipes and rails. Looking back they were good times with buddies like Sexy Boy (Joshua), Teck Lee, Ian (who have since got married) and Yanbin (who now likes topless fast cars instead!). Oh well, we all grow up - don't we?

I remembered watching this VHS tape when after school to get inspiration. It was damn hard to get la ... so expensive. Now it's free on YouTube.

Hoax II (Intro)


Hoax II - New York



I went through this phase of skate rock/ 'punk' also (that noisy music you hear on the background on these videos).

It was my secret ambition to be filmed by the film producers of these videos. Guess it didn't happen ...

There was this up and coming skate called Jon Julio and I just found out today he's still around (and regarded as one of the legends!). Respektt!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's more than 10 years ago, but i can still recognise and name some of those dudes as well as the gear they were using...lol