Monday, December 22

Counting my blessings for 2008

2008 has been considered to be a horrible year for most of us (esp. financially) - but let's count our blessings.

While most folks hv been chasing the Singaporean dream, I'v been chasing my own dream elsewhere.

While others may hv been somewhat richer this year in terms of bank statements, I felt I had gained riches in another aspect - life experiences :

1. Savored Italian food in the Navigli Canals in Milan
2. Secretly stepped one foot onto the football pitch in a stadium called Old Trafford in Manchester
3. Hiked up Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh; and lost my footing on the way down
4. Got pick-pocketed at 4 am on Oxford Street, London on the way back from Ministry of Sound - and I chased after the muthaf**ker and snatched my wallet back!
5. Sat in the backseat of a police car in Brixton while being interrogated for driving without an insurance (and after acting veeeeerrryyy blur, they let me off!!)
6. Got 'happy' and rode a bike in Amsterdam - on separate days and I am not saying on what.
7. Gulped down hot chocolate with choc churros (with fudge on the top) in one of the world's best chocolate bars (in my opinion la) in Madrid
8. Gobbled down heaps of tapas and cured ham in Barcelona
9. Shopped in the LV shop at Champs-Elysée, Paris (2nd time in my life .. )
10. Loads of pints in random pubs in Carnaby, Hoxton, Shoreditch, Bricklane and Soho in London
11. Ate some of the best hot dogs in Oslo (and I am not usually a hot dog fan)
12. Started a DJ night 'plussixfive' with friends Sonny & KeanJin in London
13. Snowboarded in Dubai's indoor ski resort
14. Made many good friends over dinner and drinks in London
15. DJ gig coming up in well-known Cafe Del Mar in Sentosa.
... and many others I can't remember but the months passed by very quickly.

And best of all -

I hv a great boss (who's in New York) in a good company, fantastic work life balance (1000 x better than my previous job); global marketing role (well, sorta off ... ). Also have zero debt and STILL have a job to start off 2009 and most importantly, my parents are still healthy.

I hope everyone can count their own blessings for this year and share their happiness with the people around them. I am hopeful 2009 will be an even better year!

In 2009, I am aiming to -

Keep my bloody job and then lose myself to Richie Hawtin or any other German minimal DJ (not Paul van Dyk) in Berlin, climb the pyramids in Eqypt, buy a Statue of Liberty fridge magnet in New York and bake in the sunshine in Athens.

2 comments:

irenekay said...

I hate You!!! I'm so stuck in KL... >_<

Keishi said...

Ah damn it - it looks like I have some debt. Received Citibank bill - damn it spent to much in December!!