Tuesday, January 24

Almost Scammed in Bangkok

Wanted to share with you my near scammed experience during my recent trip to Bangkok. These guys are reallllly professional ...

Anyway, it's a adventure that is worth telling the kids, but I am sure glad I didn't make any impulsive purchase there.

I was just going through the internet on scams and actually found a site about bangkok scams. It's called the Thai Gem Scam Page.

It's detailed and tells you exactly what to do if you were actually cheated. Just go back to the store and demand your money back, from user experience on the site, it actually works but have to go through a lot of trouble. Amazing thing is that the police has declared that the situation is under control, which obviously isn't. I guess there's some politics involved.

Here's the place I ACTUALLY visited whilst being scooted around by the tuk tuk.



I came out without buying anything and saved a few thousand bucks.

I hope no other Singaporeans or other tourists for that matter will get scammed because these criminals are damn bloody good. Just DUN believe anything anyone on the streets says in Bangkok about buying discounted taxfree blue sapphire, jewellery, necklace, export centre blah blah blah, and ignore these jokers. And take the bloody taxi to get around town, and get these tuks tuks out of business.

Come to think of it, whilst walking out of the store, I saw an ang mo tourist walk in too. I hope he didn't get cheated.

No comments: