Monday, July 31

A Place You Won't Want to Stay Very Long

Taken from Matt Harding's blog, an interesting take on Singapore.

"The entire country feels like one very large departure lounge; spotlessly clean, no distinct smells, climate-controlled, no one is poor, lots of shopping, no real culture, pleasant enough for the moment, but not a place you want to stay very long.

This makes sense. The city was founded to be a gateway. It is between places, and somehow immune to the realities of true placehood. "


What do you think? I liked the bit about no culture. =P I guess that sums up my reasons for planning my discovery trip from next year onwards.

BTW, Matt is now an internet celebrity because of this video .... haha. It's truely inspiring watching it. Respects.

2 comments:

Lounge Lizard said...

What discovery trip? Self-discovery?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »