Sunday, November 11

Off to the Second City of UK


No, that's not my office - it's the Birmingham Selfridges Building.

Have been working slightly more than a week, and so far, work's here been good! I get to go of punctually at 5.30 - 6 pm - a far cry from my past work ... ! I guess the load isn't as great as well and there's more time to plan out stuff.

Oh anyway, I am working now at a communications company (or so they call it) called Deliverers (www.deliverers.co.uk) as a Marketing Manager for a suite of online products/ website they're going to launch in early 2008, so I'm kinda putting the plan together for them, doing the branding, getting the PR agency etc.

We're based in west London, on the edge of Chelsea + Kensington borough, 30 mins from the place I live. It's actually much quicker if not for the fact that the train system is really dodgy (they go on strikes when they feel like it, and the poster actually says ' We're going on strike, and you should try NOT to find alternative routes!). Hahaha

Will be off to Birmingham for work this Tues - Thurs at the NEC (I thought it was the brand from Japan... but it actually stands for National Exhibition Centre). Apparantly, it's commonly known as the 2nd City of UK as there're a lot of businesses founded and based there.

This weekend, if all goes well, I shd be headed on a mini road trip with Clement across the channels to Normandy (the place where US invaded Europe to attack germany during the World War). Well, the idea was to test his car to see if it's able to take the load for future road trips!

No comments: