Sunday, July 27

Once again, I takes ages to update this page, aplogies yet again. I dun figure that many people actually bothers to read about the life and mundaness of the life of Keishi, right ?

Just returned from a gig @ Centro entitled Klarity Welcomes Everybody. It's a first step in pushing progressive house to the masses. Although it is the Zoukout weekend (and I was supposed to be spinning right this very moment ... but that's besides the point), the turnout was quite good, and we had a packed dance floor most of the time. Comparing gigs in Hong Kong and Singapore, I think the Singapore crowd is harder to please - variety seems to be the way to go, Singaporeans get bored easily, I find. But melody is the way to go for me at the moment, I seem to be throwin in lots of Sasha and James Holden stuff at the moment, they really get me going.

But overall I was feeling a bit under the weather and at the moment, a lot of issues are on my mind. Hence I dun think I played the best of sets today. The HK one is hard to beat at the moment! = p

But there is something I would like to discuss here and perhaps, defend myself, on the issue of professionalism and co-petition.

Recently I was pulled out of a biggish event, and despite attempts at not being part of "politics", I am somehow drawn into it beyond what I can do. Contary to what some people believe, the only reason why I like being what I do (that is dj-ing) is because of the music. I think many people can also say that, but act otherwise in the face of business profits or saving one's face.

After I was contacted to spin at the event, I was happy to represent my website as well as (in the larger scale) my country. Everything aside, I JUST wanted to spin good music to the crowd, and help to make the event a little better from whatever way I could. I guess there has got to be a reason why I was booked in the first place right ?

So a week later, I was told that I has 'cheated' the organization and has acted in a unprofessional way in not declaring my personal interests towards a rival club. All things aside once again, at that time or even this very minute, I am not officially with any other club. Even back then, nothing was confirmed. How reasonable is it for me to declare such an issue to anyone, be it a friend, or colleague, something that is not even 20 % confirmed? I rest my case, as much as I respect the organization, I bear no personal grudges towards anyone. Whatever that has been done was probably due to purely business actions and reactions - or so I hope.

Hence I would declare now I had no intention to 'deceive' anyone at any point of time, and I sincerly hope business decisions aside, the love and unity for our love for dance music holds first place.

No comments: