Sunday, May 15

Bounce Bounce

Just back from my session of basketball@ NUS with Roy, Weng and (oh no ... can't remember his name). Was terribly out of breathe most of the time - that explains the tum-tum around my waist (yes, that's my alter ego - I even gave my tummy a name). And to think I was almost 'a legend' back in secondary school, but that's another story altogether. Those day are well over. Nowadays, if I can get my ass off the bed at 8 am during the week, it's already considered an achievement for the day, let along shoot some hoops. BUT I do hope to continue this regime on a regular basis.

Back to the evil clubbing diaries over the weekend - well, not that evil.

So after DXO last Friday (which incidentally is the short form for Dance eXtraOrdinary), we headed off to Wine Bar @ Zouk for some more drinks. Copyright from UK were spinning at Zouk but because we only had 2 member cards between 6 of us, we decided to just stand around. Yes, STAND around - getting a table/ seats @ Wine Bar is harder than kena-ing 4D, I tell you. Anyway, not that I was bothered too much, I was only gunning for the party nuts. Woo hoo! Other than the nuts (which is a SAD SAD highlight for me), the rest of the night was pretty much uneventful. Reached home at 4-ish am and crashed in bed @ 5-ish.

I spend the entire Saturday (yesterday) sleeping, though not that I wanted it ... but I was really too tired. Got a message from Sexy Boy that we're headed out with the old classmates again (2 days in a row! Amazing!). It's funny how I dun see them for the last 10 years or so, and now we're going out almost everyday (we met last week too!) . And we have something planned out for next week too it seems and for Masni's wedding on June 5th!

Dragged myself out of bed at 8:30 PM, yes PM, got changed and headed to Thumper. And before that, I texted beloved Mr Eng who nicely put us on the guest list along. Wierdly enough, the door bitch, I mean, door host, asked me for my IC, which I was quite ready to pull out. Anyway, I think they really wanted to keep the ah peks and aunties exclusive to Thumper. So I told her, I'm on Mr Eng's guest list. But I had to pay a 1st drink cover anyway.

Which was kinda weird. Why have a guest list when I had to pay? Maybe I'll ask Mr Eng another day. Not nice to ask him then la.

So at 11:15 , the resident band What the funk! came on the started playing some covers of some really popular tracks like Justin Timberlake's Rock DJ - you know, that kinda of party tunes.



The dance floor really looked like a mish mash of nationalities from eastern europeans (perhaps from the fashion show before that) to sleezy middle aged men to filipinos maids look a likes. No offence but I was seriously wondering if their Sirs & Madams had let them out on a Saturday night. Hmmm ... Well, forgive me (you know the thing with blogging these days, can suka suka kena sue one, my bank got no money one hor ... ) . Was trying terribly hard to spot something even half decent, but there were none. Guess Jerrine must be damn happy if she reads this.

I figured since I already paid $20 bucks (oopps, Joshua paid for me ... sorry next day pay you back), I might as well TRY to enjoy the MUSIC. Anyway, at about 1-ish, I couldnt take it anymore and decided to go out for some fresh air. Decided to then head off to our next destination ONYX (residing at my old work place).

It's kinda weird how you know the place almost inside out at one time and then now, everything seems quite new, the staff, the layout, the drinks, the music. But it's al good really. It was the PROGRESSIONS night, and incidentally the guys behind it (DJ Yukun, P@T) did a good job in promoting the night ever since the very first one that started AT Centro 2 years back.

There was a good crowd. Music was excellent although at times, it was almost Dutch Gabbarish. Yikes. Anyway took some pictures so ... enjoy.









See ya guys soon!

1 comment:

Sui Lin said...

sometimes i will pop by and usually i will see the same post... but i guess this time, no.

good to see u blogging again... keep it up...

all work and no partying makes us dull peps...

see ya soon!