Monday, May 30

Tamiya Race Cars


Image000.jpg
Originally uploaded by djkeishi.
I was utterly surprised when I chanced upon a Tamiya race track at IMM 4th floor last weekend. I was a huge fan when I was in primary school (and that was I think almost 1.5 decades ago). I remembered buying the Tamiya kit box in which I can put in 4 cars and I really took pride in soup-ing up the car with additional car kits, stickers, ball bearings, rollers, stabilizers. If I remembered correctly, I spend all my Xmas ang bao money on this hobby one year. It was so in the rage then, and so totally surprised to see that kids are still playing them now. Where did they learn about Tamiya cars?? Aren't they all into Gameboys, Sony Playstations, XBox, and all that digital stuff?

Anyway, my beloved Egress Black Special (my top ah beng model car) disappeared from my box one day, and up till today, I didn't know what happened to it. I suspected that it was stolen. It was then that I decided that I was no longer keen in rebuilding another car from scratch, after spending close to $200 bucks (a lot of money for a primary school boy at that time!) on modifying this particular one. Anyway, I never actually got past the heats in those races that I brought my car for.

*buggers*