Thursday, May 19

Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Sad Keishi once again goes in search of a basketball court. After a taxing day at work, I decided to go shoot some hoops, but had to go try to locate a basketball court again.

After steering away from Jason's place, I headed to NUS Sports Centre - damn it, the lights were already off. Disheartened, I headed for PGP just to see see. Lo & behold, the court lights were on. Woo hoo!

Prince George's Park Residence brings back memories since I stayed there in Feb - May 2002 (after I came back from my Holland/ Europe trip). As with all other things in life - when I was staying there for almost 4 months, I somehow only went to the court less then 5 times. In fact, I stayed at the block just beside the court (inside the picture)



However, it was terrible living conditions and I frankly do not recommend it. Firstly the blocks are built in such a way that 90% of the "apartments" are not facing any natural wind/ sea breeze. It was like a microwave oven in there all the time. I remembered I even had one of those huge ass industrial fans in there, but because the room was so god damn small to begin with and literally with 4 walls around you, the whirling fans became damn irritating in the nighttime.

Luckily enough, I was given a block close to the food court & mini mart. If I were given a place at the edge of the residence area, it would be a good 15 mins walk from the bus stop I reckon. Oh yes, I also rememebered there was a rule that you cannot bring in a girl to your room at night if you're living in a boys-only floor. Haha. What a dumb rule. I wondered who heeded the rule. I thnk only Singaporeans. I think the Chinese nationals and the exchange students are always the ones with all the action behind close doors!

Speaking of which - the chinese people seem to be all around, everywhere. I think one day, there'll be so many students from China that they'll invade all the institutions. In fact at the basketball court, I think I was the only Singaporean there. The rest of them (20 or so) were Chinese nationals. I was outnumbered 20:1.

BTW, Mr Brown has released his latest SNE to the world. Miss it at your own peril!

Stars Wars III got released today, well actually tomorrow but the bastards/ cinema operators decided that why not do a SNEAK preview and get in more revenue anyway? I wld reckon every single seat today had been sold out islandwide.

This is my favourite character since Episode V (I think this was when the Storm Trooper 1st appeared!)