Wednesday, September 21

MC Day!

Well, after putting up the last post on Sunday, I went off to play basketball again - and in the process, landed on my ankle wrongly whilst jumping for the ball; and ended up spraining it. So I limped back, and hopefully it would be ok by Monday (yestersay).

However, things got worst and I decided to pay a visit to the doctors at Singapore Post Centre. However, the doctor dun even dare to touch it, Alamak! Anyway, he gave me 2 days of MC. Unfortunately, there was work to be done, and I ended up staying the whole of Monday. I also came down with a bad throat & a fever decided to join the fun as well.

BTW, do you know the difference between a sprained ankle and a twisted ankle?

I didn't know and asked the doctor. Whilst I was expecting him to point out the differences with a lecture, he told me flatly there isn't any. 'Twisted and sprained is same loh with a "dun-ask-me-too-difficult-question" look'

So, morning came and I headed off to the traditional sinseh a Chinatown. Many years ago, when I was having a recurrent shoulder and back problem, I came to this place religiously. After so many years, the place still remained the same and the couple running the shop didn't change a single bit and like still wearing the same clothes. I think they must be millionaires or something by now. A lot of ah po and ah gong do there to rub their leg, hands, back whatsoever everyday.

Ol skool la the place ... check out the furniture & signages!







It was over in mins since I was the 1st customer. I swore he tried to break my leg even further.



But right now, it DOES feel better already. I really should get a pair of proper basketball shoes with good ankle support.

Since I am already at Chinatown, might as well get some good breakfast right? So, me and Dad continued on the ol-skool adventure, deciding to go to Uncle Joe's for porridge.



The store is another one of those damn long time never eat places. I had been eating Uncle Joe's porridge and mee sua since I was 3 years old I think (anyhow pull out 1 number). Still tastes the same after all these years. Raw fishy still nice ... Amazing! I also dunno why I call him Uncle Joe (maybe it's my dad's old time friend or something like that).